Friday, September 12, 2008

Baking???

I have been baking oatmeal cookies for some time now. I bake cookies for my parents to take with them to work. (They are my kids =) ) I started with the recipe on the lid of quaker oatmeal. The cookies turned out well. I have some issues with proportion mainly with not enough liquid to mix with the dry ingredients. So I want to try other recipes. I have tried using apples and pears. (More on these recipes later.) I have also tried adjusting the original recipe from the quaker oatmeal. Unfortunately, I have not succeeded.

After so many tries, I come across a recipe from Martha Stewart website. I have to change the proportions and substitute black currants for dried cherries. What I discovered is better the best oatmeal cookie I have baked so far.


These cookies look so delicious!!!

Oatmeal-Black Currant Cookie
3/4 c. all purpose flour
1 tsp. cinanamon
1 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1/4 tsp salt
1 c. unsalted butter
1 c. brown sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
3 c. oatmeal
1 c. black currants

Combine dry ingredients except oatmeal and black currants and wet ingredients. Add oatmeal and black currants. Bake 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes.

0 shared: