Monday, October 06, 2008

Less-Calories Brownies

No worry, less calorie, brownie!!! I have never baked brownies from scratch. In my attempt to increase my appetite by eating desserts first before main course, I searched for a brownie recipe. I found a low-fat recipe in the Joy of Cooking. The first recipe is Brownie Cockaigne. However, the recipe calls for 2 c. of sugar for 1 c. of flour. Yikes!!! Hello sugar rush!!! So, I opted for low-fat brownie. As soon as the brownie is cool enough to touch, I began my first bite, then second, then third. I was hungry, not for more brownies, but for food. So, I heated baked chicken from Costco and ate with rice, ketchup, and hot sauce. I know its weird, but I increase my appetite by eating desserts first and whatever pleases my palate.

I grab all ingredients and place them on the counter.
Still looks nice, right???
Yes, that is a huge bottle of vanilla extract.
The huge white/clear container in the back is the sugar container.

This is what my counter looks like after
I attempted to mix and melt and beat all ingredients.

Voila! Less-Calories Brownies

Less-Calories Brownies, Adapted from Joy of Cooking
3/4 c. flour
1/4 tsp. baking soda
1 1/2 tbsp. unsweetened cocoa

In a pan, with low heat, melt:
4 oz. bittersweet chocolate
1/3 c. butter

Remove from fire; let cool, then add:
1/2 c. brown sugar
1/4 c. sugar
2 tbsp honey
1 tbsp. water
2 tsp. vanilla

Mix well then add:
2 eggs

Beat well. Preheat oven 35o degrees. Bake 20-25 minutes in 8x8 square pan, lined with greased aluminum foil. Enjoy and increase your appetite.

0 shared: