Wednesday, October 08, 2008

Quick and Easy Spaghetti Sauce?

I was looking in the pantry then the fridge for something to cook but was lazy to prepare complicated recipe. I had macaroni pasta, spaghetti sauce, carrots, celery and onions. A light bulb turned on in my head. Spaghetti with short pasta! Paired with red wine and brownies (I baked last night) and I'm in business.

I made (invented, developed???) my own Spaghetti Sauce with Short Pasta:

1/2 lb. Garofalo Casarecce Organic

2 tbsp Olive oil
1/2 yellow onion
4 sm. cloves garlic
2 stalks celery
1 med. carrot
salt
red chili pepper
1/2 can Classico Tomato, Herb, and Spices Organic
celery leaves
basil leaves
parmessan cheese

In boiling pot, add salt and macaroni. Contrary to what I have been taught that is to sautee garlic first, I learned onion should go first because garlic burns easily. In this way, onion soaks up the heat protecting the garlic from burning. Keep adding the ingredients according to the list, reserving celery, basil leaves and parmessan cheese. (If you want, you can skip the red chili pepper and substitute black pepper.) Drain macaroni while still al dente and add into the pot. When carrot is tender enough when prick by a fork, remove from fire and add celery and basil leaves and parmessan cheese. Voila! Quick and Easy Spaghetti Sauce.

0 shared: