Tuesday, November 04, 2008

I love you, Brownies


Dear Brownies,

I love you very much. You are very delicious, warm, and cozy. You bring me comfort and you ease my soul. After a long day when I bite into you, I feel relieved of all the tension and anxieties. I appreciate your creation and whomever invented you. Come back soon. I'll miss you in the cold breezy fall nights.

Craving you,

Gen A.


Recipe for delicious, warm and cozy brownies adapted from Joy of Cooking:

In a double boiler:
Place 4 oz. dark chocolate (best quality brings best results.)
Add 1 stick of butter and take it off from heat and let cool.

Add 4 eggs and 1 c. sugar and 1/4 c. honey (I altered this to make recipe hip-friendly)
Add 2 tsp. vanilla and beat well.

Then add 1 c. flour and 1/4 c. powdered chocolate (This adds distinct chocolaty flavor)
Mix 1 c. pecan or walnuts. Either sprinkle on top or mix with batter. (I prefer to add on top. Not-so-pecan lovers can pick them out according to taste.)

Prepare a greased baking pan and sprinkle with powdered chocolate. Heat oven 350 degrees F and wait 22-25 minutes. Voila! You're friends and family will love you forever.

0 shared: