Monday, March 02, 2009

Sweet potato omelet on a Bagel

Sweet potato omelet is a variation of potato omelet or tortillas de patatas. My first instinct was to eat sweet potato omelet as a tapa. I had it all planned. I was going to prepare the ingredients, cook them, and serve on a plate sliced bite sized and I was going to eat sweet potato omelet just as it was with no bagel or anything. However, I could not control my stomach making so much noises and whining to be fulled to its maximum potential, so I took a bagel and toasted it and sandwiched sweet potato omelet in the middle. It was filling!
I have a new favorite food now. With or without bagel, sweet potato omelet is so good. The sweetness of sweet potato complements the tanginess and spice of cooked red onions. After making sweet potato omelet, I have turned my back against tortillas de patatas, which I used to love as a kid. With the development of sweet potato omelet, tortillas de patatas is so bland and boring. I have been eating it for as long as I remember. I want something new and tasteful and I got it.
Sweet potato omelet is so easy to make and diced sweet potatoes cooks faster than I thought--3 minutes at least. I learned that marinating cooked sweet potatoes and cooked red onions into scrambled eggs builds the flavor of omelet. I was munching on some nuts while waiting for the marinate.

Sweet Potato Omelet
2 small size sweet potatoes diced
1/2 onion diced
2 free range brown eggs
1 tb water
olive oil
salt and pepper
Toasted bagel

Scramble eggs and water and add salt and pepper. Fry sweet potatoes, incorporate into scrambled eggs. Sautee onion and incorporate into scrambled eggs. Mix. Let stand 15 minutes and cook. Sandwiched in toasted bagel and feed hungry stomach.

0 shared: