Thursday, October 30, 2008

Pumpkin Cake


When I hear pumpkin cake, I am reminded of spices like nutmeg, cinnamon, and cloves. I remember the taste of spices bursting in my mouth. I can feel the soft and moist cake bumping onto my taste buds. In addition, the crunchiness of pecan nuts adds complexity to the spices of pumpkin cake. Adapted from Joy of Cooking
In a bowl mix:
1 1/2 cups of all purpose flour
1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp ground ginger
1/2 tsp. ground nutmeg
1/4 tsp. ground cloves
1/4 tsp. baking powder

In another bowl, combine:
1/3 cup milk
1/2 tsp. vanilla

In another bowl, beat until creamy:
6 tbsp unsalted butter

Then add:
1 1/3 cups sugar

Beat well. Then add:
2 large eggs

Beat well. Then add:
1 cup pumpkin puree

Add flour mixture in 3 parts to butter and eggs mixture, alternating with milk mixture in 2 parts.

When well mixed, add 1/2 cup pecans.

Bake on greased baking pan in preheated 350 degrees(F). Then enjoy pumpkin cake with cup of coffee in rainy fall weather.

0 shared: